Interior Architect Project Manager – Washington, DC
DesignAgency is seeking experienced candidates for an immediate opening for the position of Interior Architect Project Manager. DesignAgency relies on the Interior Architect Project Manager to facilitate the entire process of project management including planning, design development, construction documentation, construction administration and project closeout. Successful candidates must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, tools and techniques required to meet project requirements and expectations. Interior Architect Project Managers are responsible for managing the scope of work, executing the required work with a team, monitoring the quality of produced work, identifying and mitigating risks, and closing out successful projects.
The Interior Architect Project Manager reports to the Director of Project Management and will be recognized for his or her ability to oversee the design process from start to finish.
Role and responsibilities
• Establish project standards and information to set up accurate project documents that can be utilized and coordinated throughout the phases.
• Assist in developing feasibility studies; if required.
• Coordinate project schedule milestones within the project’s scope, time and budget while maintaining the Design intent, work quality and client expectations.
• Use of project management tools and techniques to assist the team and project management like drawings list, meeting minutes, project update logs, gantt charts, etc.
• Coordinate and communicate the design intent with contractor, structural, MEP & T, and other various consultants.
• Coordination or production of specification manual when required.
• Prepare and/or coordinate interior design drawing packages
• Construction document review (mark-ups) and quality assurance.
• Coordinate and collaborate in value engineering process when required.
• Attend consultant and construction coordination meetings, conference calls, etc. and relaying info back to Director of Project Management in form of minutes and /or scheduled meetings.
• Answering and reviewing RFI’s, change orders, shop drawings, site instructions with the assistance when required.
• Manage purchasing and oversee installation when required.
• Site administration, visits, meetings, documentation of site progress & condition
• Quality control and documentation of deficiencies of site work.
• CAD Standards: establish, evolve and maintain construction standards.
• Assist in creating and archiving the templates and typical details for future project use for internal database.
• Utilize established standard steps and processes on how to issue and archive drawings and specs.
• Advise project managers and mentor project designer(s) and technicians
• Initiate opportunities to increase the firm’s design capabilities.
• Proactively share design knowledge with other team members.
• Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, or client service.
• Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers, to promote repeat business.
• Manage personal and team time to project schedules.
• Project scope and budget management.
• Quality assurance and risk management.
• Act as client and consultant contact throughout the construction documentation and contract administration phases
• Responsible for project closeout and integration
• Assign tasks and schedule deliverables to project designers and technicians that are part of the project team
The successful candidate will be in possession of an Interior Design Diploma or equivalent, with working experience, and will need to have an understanding of ADA and IBC building codes. The Interior Architect Project Manager will need to have working experience with AutoCAD (Sketch-Up being beneficial). These are the minimal requirements for this position, with all other experience being advantages for the successful candidate.
Achievement of professional credentials such as NCIDQ, MAATO, ARIDO, BCIN and LEED will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
We offer an extremely competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please send your resume immediately, or if you know the perfect person for this position then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
Please include a link to or a digital .pdf copy of relevant work samples with your application. Click here to apply through our career centre.