DesignAgency is a dynamic Toronto based design studio that strives to improve our daily environment through innovative and thought-provoking design. We are seeking qualified candidates for a part-time opening with our firm for a receptionist position.
DesignAgency relies on the receptionist to perform a number of reception and office assisting duties under the supervision of the Operations team. The receptionist will be the first point of contact for visitors and will contribute to the overall efficiency of office operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Occupy reception and direct calls and visitors, providing relief to the Studio Coordinator 2 days a week and during vacation/leave.
- As the first point of contact, represent the company in a friendly, professional manner
- Coordinate boardroom schedules and set up for client meetings
- Assist with the coordination of principals’ schedules
- Coordinate with travel company for booking flights and hotels for executive team
- Coordinate couriers and mailings, receiving and shipping packages
- General office housekeeping – plants, set up for townhalls, beer o’clocks, lunch & learns etc.
- Manage the flow of IT tickets from staff to tech support, provide general assistance and troubleshooting to all staff
- Regular upkeep and updating of staff CV pages in Photoshop/InDesign
- Identify areas of improvement within the studio and contribute to the overall staff experience and studio environment
- Assist with the timely collection of expense receipts from the executive team and code the receipts based on partner calendars
- Assist Marketing Director with coverage tracking and website updates
- Assist the marketing director and partners with any staff or marketing events (Summer Block Party, Christmas Party, Christmas client gifts, one-offs)
- Assist in scheduling bi-monthly /DA Talks with Design & PM teams (coordinate times with Director of Ops.)
- Other general office duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have experience working in an office environment and will be a motivated self-starter. He or she will work to identify the needs of a growing, creative business and will work with the operations team to maintain or improve on office procedures.
A good understanding of the design community and industry is advantageous but not mandatory.
If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please click here to apply. Or, if you know the perfect person for this position then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.