DesignAgency is seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening with our firm for the role of Intermediate Designer. DesignAgency depends on Intermediate Designers to carry out projects under the supervision of Senior Designers. The company relies on Intermediate Designers to collaborate with their colleagues to design, execute and deliver great projects and develop excellent client relationships. They are expected to consult with Senior Designers and Principals on any design, technical, production, scope or client issues of which they become aware. Intermediate Designers are required to manage their project time, and meet the firm’s targets for time expenditure and billing for themselves and their project teams.
- Strive for design impact through innovative, thoughtful and functional design.
- Participate in the development of approaches, concepts and designs that exceed client expectations
- Produce or direct the creation of renderings and presentations that attract and inspire clients and team members
- Conceive and design elements of moderate complexity, or smaller projects, from design development to closeout.
- Conceive, design and execute projects of moderate complexity from proposal through concept, construction and closeout
- Work to master the development, continuity and detailing of design concepts
- Develop a strong mastery of appropriate construction techniques
- Develop high-quality drawing and documentation sets that are clear, comprehensive and consistent
- Strive to reduce rework, errors and omissions
- Contribute to the design dialogue in the firm
- Lead, motivate and develop design teams that consistently deliver great design, technical quality and client service
- Contribute the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality or client service
- Create sound relationships with clients, contractors and suppliers to promote repeat business
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management
- Use Ajera software to manage personal time logs
The successful candidate will be in possession of an Interior Design Diploma or equivalent with at least five years of working experience and should have an understanding of the ADA and IBC building codes. The Intermediate Designer must have working experience with AutoCAD (Sketch-Up, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are beneficial). Hospitality design experience preferred. These are the minimal requirements for this position, with all other experience being advantages for the successful candidate.
Achievement of professional credentials such as NCIDQ will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.
We offer an extremely competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please send your resume immediately, or if you know the perfect person for this position then feel free to forward this correspondence. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
*Must be eligible to work in the United States*