DesignAgency relies on the Interior Design Senior Project Manager to lead project teams and oversee all facets of project management for individual projects including planning, budgeting, scheduling, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration. Demonstrates exceptional capability to read, understand and apply standards and contracts. Responsible for the preparation of scope of work, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control and risk identification.
The Interior Design Senior Project Manager reports to the Director of Project Management and founding partners and will be recognized for his or her ability to oversee the design process from start to finish.
Role and responsibilities
- Establish project standards and information to set up accurate project documents that can be utilized and coordinated throughout the phases (decides sheet size & scale of drawings).
- Assist to develop feasibility study if required.
- Coordinate with Consultants or Internally to gather or measure accurate base plans when required.
- Coordinate and establish project schedule milestones within the project’s scope, time and budget while maintaining the Design intent, work quality and client expectations.
- Able to understand the Design Intent completely to ensure they can communicate and coordinate to internal and external project teams.
- Use of project management tools and techniques to assist the team and project management like drawings list, meeting minutes, project update logs, gantt charts, etc.
- Establish project drawing list based on project design requirements and DD package(s).
- Coordinate and manage the internal project team to produce construction packages, scheduling, and resource allocation during the construction documentation phase.
- Construction document review (mark-ups) and quality assurance.
- Attend consultant and construction coordination meetings, conference calls, etc. and relaying info back to Director of Project Management and /or Team Leads in form of minutes and /or scheduled meetings.
- Answering and reviewing RFI’s, change orders, shop drawings, site instructions with the assistance when required.
- Manage purchasing and oversee installation when required.
- Coordinate and Manage value engineering process when required.
- Site administration, visits, meetings, documentation of site progress & condition.
- Quality control of site work.
- Monitor contractual scope of work relative to client or consultant requests. Identify areas which may fall outside established scope of work as additional services or extras.
- Monitor staff resource requirements: ie. Staffing needs, complications, resource allocation, scheduling.
- CAD Standards: establish, evolve and maintain construction standards.
- Assist in creating and archiving the spec templates for future project use for internal database.
- Create standard steps and processes on how to issue and archive drawings and specs (ie. rev clouds and delta’s in paper space only).
- Mentor project managers and project designer(s) and technicians
- Initiate opportunities to increase the firm’s design capabilities.
- Proactively share design knowledge with other team members.
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes for improved design, technical quality, or client service.
- Create sound relationships with colleagues, clients, contractors, and suppliers, to promote repeat business.
- Use Ajera to track project hours to ensure deliverables are on-time and on-budget.
- Use Ajera to pre-plan project resources according to scheduled milestones and budgeted hours by phase. Make adjustments to the plan to accommodate project changes when required.
- Consistently verifying all submitted Ajera timesheets from your team members to ensure they are working efficiently and accurately tracking their time.
- Demonstrate excellent personal time management.
- Focus on service delivery while monitoring the status of assigned project tasks against the project schedule and participate in quality reviews of projects.
- Mentor project managers, technologists, and designers in design practice, office standards, and policies.
The successful candidate will be in possession of an Interior Design Diploma or equivalent, with at least 8 years working experience, and will need to have an understanding of the local building codes for Ontario. The Interior Design Senior Project Manager will need to have working experience with AutoCAD (Sketch-Up is beneficial). These are the minimal requirements for this position, with all other experience being advantages for the successful candidate.
Achievement of professional credentials such as MAATO, ARIDO, BCIN and LEED will be taken into account in promotion and compensation decisions, and preparatory studies or test costs may be eligible for firm support.