Role & Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications:
The Marketing Manager works directly with the Partners and relevant consultants to perform his/her duties and reports to the VP Finance and Operations.
- In conjunction with the Partners, responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategy for the organization
- Responsible for all marketing content that will be viewed by 3rd parties, including social media, website, DA Portfolio, DA briefs or other written collateral, RFP responses, presentations
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of the image, project, new business and press databases
- Coordinate the commissioning and management of photographers including being available on site for photography styling and management.
- Coordinate and schedule Partner / Director speaking engagements.
- Create outline, develop content and prepare design presentations / slide shows to be presented by partners or directors for various conferences, lectures or speaking engagement.
MEDIA RELATIONS AND AWARDS
- Key contact with outside Communications and PR Agency, keeping them updated on all noteworthy projects and initiatives including their timelines and background information including internal materials, renderings, photography and documentation needed
- In conjunction with Communications and PR Agency you will help create media decks and other collateral as needed
- Provide regular reports to Partners/VP on effectiveness of PR spend as well as upcoming areas of focus, openings, media coverage and overall strategy
- Forge good working relationships with client marketing contacts in order to develop strategic alignment on project messaging, photography and launch plans
- Liaison between Communications and PR Agency and the Studio Coordinator to ensure the timely entry to all relevant award programs
- Responsible for the creation of a firm wide Social Media strategy through to implementation, working with the Studio Coordinator and 3rd party social media consultants to achieve long term goals
- Provide monthly reporting on social media efforts and present to executive team
- Manage any consultants that may be used to bolster Social Media/Marketing tactics
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
- Support Business Development Manger with:
- Preparing RFP submissions and Pitch Decks
- Possible involvement in design pitches
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing Event Planning and Special Projects with support from the Studio Coordinator (2-4 major events per year).
Skills and Attributes:
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and able to juggle priorities to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and passion for design
- Solid understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Budget-management skills and proficiency with Excel
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- A hands-on team player with a proven track record of supporting and working with creative teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 3-5 years in marketing and promotion within Design/Architecture field
- Ability to work unpredictable hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Familiarity with online content marketing and social media development strategies
- Ability to understand strategy given from Partners and then drive it to successful outcomes
We offer a competitive base salary and the opportunity for growth within the company. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you, please apply here. All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
*Must have the ability to legally work in Canada*